The Family Law Toolkit is educational and is not intended to serve as legal advice. Inclusion in the Toolkit is not an endorsement. We encourage you to evaluate if the services and providers listed are the right fit for you and to verify that the information included is still accurate.
We recommend you begin by reading the Introduction below. While the tools are designed for use in King County, WA, templates will be available soon to enable you to adapt the tools for your community’s needs. We will also be introducing Spanish translations of the tools in the near future. If you need any of the tools in an alternate format, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206.568.5454.
- Introduction & Table of Contents
- Template Instructions and Technical Assistance
- Coping Skills
- Court Orders Comparison
- Domestic Violence Advocacy Resources
- Domestic Violence Definitions Comparison Chart
- Domestic Violence Protection Order Information
- Family Court Services Q&A
- Family Law Evaluations
- Financial Resources
- Immigration FAQs
- Language & Disability Access
- Legal Resources
- Mental Health Treatment Resources
- Parenting Evaluators Comparison Chart
- Parenting Resources
- Songs for Surviving the Family Law Process
This project is supported by Grant No. 2014-FW-AX-K010 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in these publications are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.